As part of the measures implemented by the Vietnamese government to contain the spread of the CORONAVIRUS epidemic:
► From 23.59 – local time – of 17/03/2020:
– Temporary suspension of the visa issue for Vietnam for all foreigners. This provision will remain in effect for 30 days.
– Those who enter the country with a visa exemption (also issued to overseas Vietnamese and their spouses and children) or with a visa issued in special cases (experts, business leaders, highly qualified workers) must provide a health certificate ( indicating Covid-19 negative), issued by the authority of the relevant countries and approved by Vietnam. These measures are not applicable to those who use an entrance for diplomatic or institutional purposes.
– All those who enter Vietnam are in any case subject to medical supervision and must comply with Vietnam regulations.
In addition to the recent entry regulations in Vietnam, mass quarantine will also be applied for countries from the United States, European countries and ASEAN. For those not subject to mass quarantine, however, the quarantine and the control of the state of health apply, monitored at home, in business premises, in places of residence and so on. in accordance with the guidelines of the Ministry of Health.
All those entering Vietnam will be screened on landing, and subsequently subjected to medical and health checks.
– Vietnam imposes a mandatory 14-day quarantine on all travelers entering Vietnam who come from or have passed through Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia , Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Holland, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, China, Korea, Iran.
– The Vietnamese authorities will take care to organize and provide assistance to the above travellers in addition to transportation to the central quarantine facilities.
► From 12.00 am – (local time) of 15/03/2020:
– Temporary suspension of entry for travelers from Schengen and / or the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, including those of Vietnamese origin and those who have visited or transited through these areas within 14 days before the expected entry into Vietnam.
– Temporary suspension of the visa on arrival for all foreign citizens. This decision will take effect from 12:00 (noon) on March 15, 2020 for 30 days, and will not be applicable to those traveling with a diplomatic passport or for institutional purposes.
Foreigners such as experts, business managers or highly skilled workers entering Vietnam will undergo medical checks; the quarantine will be applied in accordance with the guidelines of the Ministry of Health.
► From 23.59 (local time) of 03/11/2020:
– The visa waiver program for citizens of the following countries Denmark, Norway, Finland, Sweden, Germany, England, France and Spain visiting Vietnam is temporarily suspended.
– Suspension of the validity of the visa waiver (or 05 year visa) for Vietnamese residents abroad and their relatives in countries where Vietnam has temporarily suspended the visa waiver program, including Korea and Italy .
Citizens of these countries and Vietnamese residing abroad and their relatives in the above countries must apply for an appropriate visa to enter Vietnam. Visa holders will be considered for entry and must fully meet the preventive medical requirements required by Vietnam.
► From 23:59 (local time) on 06/03/2020, Vietnam imposes the MANDATORY APPLICATION OF MEDICAL DECLARATIONS for all those who enter Vietnam. The FORM FOR MEDICAL DECLARATIONS can be completed online through the phone app, by scanning the QR code upon arrival at the airport. https://suckhoetoandan.vn/khaiyte
► From 12.00 (local time) on 02 March, the visa waiver program for Italians will be temporarily suspended. Holders with valid diplomatic passports can enter Vietnam without a visa provided they meet the necessary health requirements.
► From 11.59 pm (local time) on February 28, Vietnam imposes a mandatory 14-day quarantine on all foreigners who enter Vietnam, who come or have transited through Italy within the 14 days prior to arrival in Vietnam.